Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE 100th DAY OF SCHOOL!!

The 100th day of school is/was Friday!! {depending on how you look at it}  Do you count how many full days you have attended school or go by the school calendar, even if there are snow days & we don't make them up?  That argument happened again this year.  Anywho.............

So we made banners for the kids at the car rider line & bus line.  I have to admit the one for the car rider line was painted & hung with much more care than the one for the bus doors.  Don't know why but it just sort of happened that way.  The plan was for EVERYONE in the school to dress up as they were 100 years old.  We had some really good participants!!  One of our coaches dressed in his daily UT junk attire so of course I had to ask about his dressing up ability and his responds was pointing to the words on his shirt and stating, "we were good 100 years ago."  So happy he was finally able to admit that!

The second grade is about 100 kids in total so they each took home a number to decorate.  They hung this 100s board out in the 1st/2nd grade hall.


Here is me & my first grade BFF {she would die if she knew I posted this picture........I haven't told her about the blog yet so SHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!}  I have so many that I consider to be BFFs I have to give each one their own special label!  P.S. One of my kiddos asked, "How'd you get just a little bit of gray in your hair?"

If you haven't heard of the author of the book that I am reading you should check him out!  Lester Laminack is the name & reading is his game.  I really am sorry for that last sentence.  Too much.

Here are some pics of the kiddos doing activities that were found on Pinterest & TPT.




Hope your 100th day of school is fun and full of all things 100!!

Cheers!! 

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast, but acting old was HARD work! I was so sore and tired the next day. I loved 2nd grades each student decorate a number, can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete

><><><