Saturday, January 14, 2012

WOAH

Days have gone by......ok so weeks have gone by since my last post.  Lots have happen.  First things first.....we got a student teacher on Thursday and a little more than an hour later I PASSED OUT.  No....REALLY!!!  When I asked what happened one of my kiddos said, "You just went to sleep Mrs. Dennis!"  Long story short I still feel like I have been run over by a truck but am doing much better than yesterday. {Thank goodness for snow day #2!!} This has been rough on Husband too since he is away and can't be here during this CRAZY time!

But on to some school news......

This is my first experience with a student teacher in my classroom and I am super excited!!  She seems very lovely {well in the short time we have spent together} and I can't wait to get down into the trenches with her!!

Before the craziness of Thursday creeped up on us we were doing some spelling word chants and I the quote of the day just fell into my lap!

Student 1:  What is a mule?
Me:  It is a cross between a horse and a donkey but it looks more like a horse than a donkey.
Student 2:  Wouldn't that make it a honkey Mrs. Dennis?
Me: Why yes, yes it would!

I was so excited about doing some MLK Jr. activities that I found on Pintrest on Friday but they will now have to wait till Monday.  I am hoping to take the fancy camera to school so that I can post some pictures here as well as my classroom website!!

Until then.....
CHEERS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

><><><