Friday, February 3, 2012

Groundhog Day

Here are the kiddos doing a shadow investigation.  I hope to post the recording sheet that they used.  I would have LOVED to post all the activities that they did on this day but I had to leave at 1/2 day because C is sick.  Poor little boy!!  He is looking so pitiful......but I digress.  As I am typing this post my house is creaking and it is driving me insane because I am afraid my nephew has escaped from his pack & play.  He went down for a nap just a little too easy so I am so paranoid right now.  Geez!!  I was totally posting about our Groundhog Day activities!!!

Here we are at the 'sharing square' talking about the questions on our recording sheets and what we have to do to answer them.  The questions asked how to make the shadow smaller, larger and what happens when the light moves in different directions.  The students then shared verbally a variety of ways to answer each question.  They recorded their answers with sentences and diagrams.  They LOVED this investigation!!





I wish I had some pictures of the foldable we did with shadows.  There was some really cute ones but the kiddos took them home.  Oh well.  Maybe next time.....

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shadow activity! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to take some pictures of the kids recording sheets. They had a BLAST! Thanks for following!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

><><><