Saturday, March 24, 2012

Daily 5

I am diving deeper into Daily 5 this year {but of course it is a tweaked version to fit our classroom & schedule}.  Here are the options that my students have to choose from each day.   They also have a contract that has all their options on it and their spelling words for the week.  They use their contract to record what they have worked on each day.  This helps to hold them accountable for their  learning.  As you can see in the pictures below they keep all works in progress and their contract on their clipboards.  These are kept in their book boxes.  Anything that is a finished paper product goes into a basket that gets checked & sent home stapled together with their contract on the following Monday.  They get a weekly participation grade for their work during Daily 5.
Here are the kiddos working during the first rotation on Thursday.


10 comments:

  1. I love your anchor chart! I'm your newest follower. I'm new to blogging and wonder how you get an awesome font on your blog? I like the whole look of yours!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! If you go under the Advanced section when laying out your blog the font is called Coming Soon. Let me know if I can help out in any way!!

    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Daily Five chart. I just found your blog from Laura's TN blogger meet up. I can't wait for next week. Where are you at? I'm in Gatlinburg and I've been wanting to come observe a class that uses daily 5. I've been slowly introducing this year to my Kindergarteners. I loop so next year I'll have my kids for first grade. I'd love for you to check out my blog.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your daily five schedule. When I try to create similar words they come out to small or to big. Do you remember what size your font is in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the word art in Publisher so that no matter what font I used it fit the box. I can email you the file if you send me your email address. All of the fonts wont transfer though.

      Delete
  5. I Love ALL OF THIS! Starting after the break not only will I begin my first year ever as a teacher (because a current teacher resigned) but I will also be teaching first grade for the first time! I am excited and thrilled... looking forward to following your blog to get great ideas. I'd love to see what your contract looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh........THANK YOU!!! I will plan on a post of the contracts that I do. Best Wishes & feel free to ask me anything!!

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog---I LOVE your Daily 5 options chart--I saw you offered to share with another teacher last year--if you would be willing to share?

    I appreciate your consideration.

    Thanks

    Renee
    sreneestewart13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fairly new teacher and love this idea. I found your blog on pinterest and I was wondering if you would be willing to share this.I think it is great to show the options for daily 5 in reading and in math. My email is lydia.balzano@nhcs.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYGOODNESS! The contract idea is exactly what I'm looking for to up the accountability for my daily 5/reading workshop. Can you please, please send me the template for your record keeping forms? I would so appreciate it ... and I'd be happy to purchase if you have them on TpT or elsewhere! Thank you so much!! Ana ... my email is ana.mumaw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

><><><