Saturday, March 10, 2012

Joggin for the Noggin

We have a brain rehab facility {The Crumley House} in our local community that hosted it's very first 5K run/walk.  They were hoping for about 100 participants since this was their first go at this.  As of yesterday they had 330 participants registered and as we were waiting to start they made an announcement that they had over 400 & were still signing people up!!  I know that this really isn't school related but it is.  I organized a group from my school to participate...........that part didn't go so well.  I so wanted a group picture!!!  We had 5 faculty members participating with some family & friends joining us. I did get a picture with my walking buddy & 2nd grade BFF.




It started out pretty cold this morning but it turned into a BEAUTIFUL day.  Isn't this just a beautiful run/walk?  But there is a sad part to my story.  Apparently at the end of the 5K there is a ceremony of sorts.  Well they gave out prizes & I WON but I was not present to collect it so they gave it to someone else.  I was either still on the coarse, in the horse barn, or eating so TECHNICALLY I was still there!!  GRRRR.  I NEVER win anything.  Oh well.  I am just glad they didn't tell me what it was cause then I would have really missed not having it.  I can't wait till next year!!

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I have thought about trying to get a 5K annual race started, but I'm not sure where to start. I just recently got started running and I'm hooked!
    Maybe you'll win my giveaway!
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Good for you,, I love to run 5K's and especially for a good cause. I'm your newest follower. I teach first in CA.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

><><><