Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Small Collection

I try to be as descrete as possible when purchasing items for my classroom.  Not that Husband minds.  Seriously he doesn't!!  But I do feel guilty at times spending so much money on my classroom.  I mean COME ON, what other profession out there has to put so much of their personal money into their job?

I am just realizing that I am not as sneaky as I thought............since this is my SUMMER stock pile located in Husbands room upstairs.  But it's behind the door-ish when the door is open..............and he rarely goes up there...............and you really can't tell what is old stuff brought from school and what is new stuff.  Right???


And now on to my June summer purchases. {oh yes there will be more to come, Target's garden section is almost empty making way for the.............wait for it..........wait for it............SCHOOL SUPPLIES.  I did inform Husband of that last night and he said it was the most devestating news he had heard all day.}

Seriously now, on to my purchases and what I am going to do with them, well what I plan on doing with them as of right now.  You know how things change once you get back into your room.  Which brings me to another rant............our keys were taken from us like we were convicts this year!!!!!!!!  Really?!!!  We spend all this money & time doing our jobs and this is how we are treated???!!!!  {Just a side note this decision was not one of our administrators but of our CO.}  Really here are my June purchases!!

Since my days of a first year teacher I have always kept my weekly supplies in hanging file folders in a crate.  I decided it was time for a change after 11 years.  But what I am really saying is that it was getting on my ever lasting nerves.  Don't know how I feel about the colors.  It was the only way I have found 1 unit with 6 drawers.
6 drawers = 5 days & emergency plans!! {Wal-Mart}


 Floor puzzle for free choice tubs. {Tuesday Morning}


 These arrived TODAY in the mail!!!  I have had a little training back in my K years at my old school with our PT using Handwriting Without Tears {HWT}.  After having so many students still struggling with handwriting this past year I decided it was time to devoted more time perfecting this skill.  Cause you know 1st graders LOVE working on their handwriting!!! {www.hwtears.com}


 I bought 5 of these to use in Math Stations. Well technically I purchased 9.........4 are for my K pal Heather Shelton of Mrs. Shelton's Kindergarten.  {Target $ section}


 SkippyJon Jones books and characters are at Kohl's right now!!  I behaved myself and only purchased the 1 book I didn't own and 1 SkippyJon for the classroom. {Kohl's}


You can never have too much money right?  {Dollar Tree} 


 At the end of the day I have the students do spot cleaning in our classroom to help instill how important it is that we take care of our stuff and our room.  That it is our responsibility to clean up after ourselves not someone elses responsibility. I have a few of these but it would go much faster with more!!  {Target $ section}

There you have it!  See I have been controlling myself...............right?

Now hop on over to Ladybug's Teacher Files to see what others have purchased in June!!



Cheers!!

7 comments:

  1. I feel guilty at times too about buying so much for my classroom, but I think I feel guiltier if I don't buy it. I need to make a trip to the Dollar Tree to check out that money. We have to teach it this year after not having to for a few years so that will help. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT FINDS, and at all my fav places to shop! I've been shopping too, so come on by when you get a chance!

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great goodies!

    I wish I had a Kohl's close by! =(


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Finds and great ideas! Since we are neighbors maybe we can one day have a meet up. I'm your newest follower too!

    Meghan
    First Grade with a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got amazing stuff!!

    I am having a 4th of July giveaway of my K-2 journal/notebook printables and would love if you would stop by!!

    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww..I wish I had Kohls here in Canada...I remember I went once back when they had the Eric Carle ones but they were all out :(

    I just went to Michaels today and bought wayyy to much of their teacher owl stuff.

    Cute Stuff!

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for an award. Come on over to my blog and get it!!!
    http://ateacherandablog.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-award.html
    Markeeta

    ReplyDelete

><><><